Sonnet 125
——By William Shakespeare
Were 't aught to me I bore the canopy,
這對我何益,縱使我高擎華蓋,
With my extern the outward honouring,
用我的外表來為你妝點門面,
Or laid great bases for eternity,
或奠下偉大基礎(chǔ),要留芳萬代,
Which prove more short than waste or ruining?
其實比荒涼和毀滅為期更短?
Have I not seen dwellers on form and favour
難道我沒見過拘守儀表的人,
Lose all, and more, by paying too much rent,
付出高昂的代價,卻喪失一切,
For compound sweet forgoing simple savour,
厭棄淡泊而拼命去追求葷辛,
Pitiful thrivers, in their gazing spent?
可憐的贏利者,在顧盼中凋謝?
No, let me be obsequious in thy heart,
不,請讓我在你心里長保忠貞,
And take thou my oblation, poor but free,
收下這份菲薄但由衷的獻禮,
Which is not mix'd with seconds, knows no art,
它不攙雜次品,也不包藏機心,
But mutual render, only me for thee.
而只是你我間互相致送誠意。
Hence, thou suborn'd informer! a true soul
被收買的告密者,滾開!你越誣告
When most impeach'd stands least in thy control.
真摯的心,越不能損害它分毫。
(梁宗岱 譯)
用戶評論